Keep asking yourself these questions
How do you know if you’re a successful leader? Former Herman Miller CEO Max de Pree says the evidence of success is found in your team, not in you. Here are some good questions to ask:
• Do the people on my team understand their potential?
• Are they actively learning and growing?
• Are they achieving the results they desire?
• Are they managing conflict well?
• Are they gracefully adapting to change?
Put time aside to periodically ask yourself these questions. Then, make sure you talk with each person on the team about what you’re seeing.